The New York Institute of Art and Design offers an accredited, online wedding planning course, and because we are, we like to provide free tips for wedding planners. Enjoy!
For most brides, the first decision after finding the right dress is choosing the venue. This is where an experienced wedding planner can come in handy. Wedding planners manage a multitude of relationships, and one set of names in your rolodex should always be the owners and managers of venues in your area.
When searching for the perfect venue for your wedding, here are some things both brides and planners will need to consider:
- Size – how many guests do you expect to come to the wedding? This is the first question to ask yourself, because it will start to narrow down the venues that you should be looking at. Some will be too small. Others will be too large. You want to select a venue that will comfortably fit all of your guests without being so large that you can’t fill it.
- Lighting – odds are that your wedding will need a lighting setup. Some are more extravagant than others, but it’s best to check with each venue to see what kind of lighting they already have set up and whether or not you are able to customize it to fit your needs.
- Acoustics – for many couples, music is a critical component to the reception. Whether you plan to have a live band or DJ, you will want to test the acoustics in your venue to see how that music will sound on the big day.
- Accessibility – do you have guests coming in from out of town? Do you have older family members that need accommodation? Remember to make your reception easy to get to for all those that you expect to come. It should be close enough to hotels and other landmarks that your guests will need.
- Price – of course the price has to be a consideration. The very best, most popular venues will come with a higher price tag. It’s up to the planner and the bride to determine the best venue that fits the budget.
The right venue can make or break a wedding. So be diligent and choose wisely!
Want to learn more? The New York Institute of Art and Design offers online wedding planning certification class. Request your free course catalog today!