Wedding Planning Course Overview
This online wedding planning course will train you to become a professional wedding planner. It is certified by the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC), the world's largest professional wedding planning organization.
Learn how to turn your love of weddings into a lucrative career. From planning to execution, professional wedding planners will show you how to work with clients of all kinds, how to answer their questions and meet their needs at every step of the process. Plus you'll gain the business skills you need to find and sign clients, price your work, market your talents and grow your business.
During the course, you will complete a series of projects allowing you to grow by putting your skills to the test. You will work with a professional wedding planner, your teacher and mentor who is there to review your work and help you improve. You will earn a wedding planning certificate that you can use to obtain a job in this exciting field.
What you'll learn
After completing the Wedding Planning course, students will be able to:
- Turn his or her love for weddings into a career as a professional wedding planner.
- Demonstrate skills on how to work with different kinds of clients, meet their needs and answer their questions.
- Discuss how to work with vendors, photographers and caterers.
- Succeed at planning a perfect day for clients.
- Discuss wedding attire, floral, decor, photography, and transportation recommendations.
- Indicate business skills needed to find and sign client's, price his or her work, and help him or her improve.
- Demonstrate skills in how to manage client expectations and emotions that come with the wedding planning.
- Show how rituals, traditions and customs can be combined to create a special ceremony.
What you get
- 24/7 access to expertly prepared online wedding planning course materials — lessons and HD video
- One-to-one feedback from a professional wedding planner as your mentor — there to help you improve
- Access to a team of advisors — available by phone and email to answer all your questions
- Up to 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- Access to our student forum — an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your work
- 14 days to review the wedding planning course risk-free — full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- NYIAD Certificate in Wedding Planning delivered upon graduation
The New York Institute of Art and Design’s certified course in wedding planning is a six unit online course taught by wedding planning experts who will move you from passionate participant to pro. Learn best practices in venue selection, creating a theme, how to select and work with caterers, florists, bands, printers, and more. Learn to be part of a team, and to lead that team as well. Learn to speak authoritatively about themes, color and style. Learn the newest trends and classic approaches to party planning. Each of your six projects will be evaluated by a working wedding planner who will be with you throughout your virtual internship. Watch over 200 hours of video, read comprehensive text loaded with images that will inspire your creativity. And because our course is online, you can pursue it anytime, anywhere and at your own pace. Certified by the Association of Bridal Consultants, this course covers everything you need to know about working with couples- from pre planning to the perfect day. Learn how to price your services, create contracts, and develop a fulfilling, meaningful career. Enroll today.