Jewelry Design: Beading and Wire Working
Jewelry Design Course Overview
Learn to see the world as a jewelry designer and create your own original line with our jewelry making class.
- Learn fundamental concepts of color theory and composition. From this base, you can begin to push the creative boundaries and create your own line.
- Lay out patterns, string beads, use jump rings, spirals, right-angle weaves, French wire transitions and knotted necklaces, Danish clusters, and forging heavy-gauge wires. Master these and other building blocks and your design possibilities become boundless.
- Understand business basics – budgets, costs, labor, and materials. Set sensible prices and pave the way for success.
- Gain important photography skills to showcase your work to the best advantage. Move on to packaging and marketing techniques. We even cover the basics of copyright law. Our goal is to empower you as the artist you’ve become.
- Use high-quality tools and beads provided with your course to complete projects and submit fabulous new pieces for your mentor to review.
- Work with your mentor to create your own unique line of jewelry complete with pictures, packaging, business cards, table displays, and an Etsy presence – all the elements you’ll need to launch your own successful jewelry business.
Jewelry Design Course Details
- Total Course Length - 170 hours, 6 Units
- Course Schedule - Study anywhere, anytime, at your own pace. There are no deadlines or due dates. Start today and we’ll give you up to 18 months to complete your course. If after 18 months you need additional time you can contact the school and we can extend your enrollment an additional 6 months at no additional cost.
- NYIAD Mentor Program - NYIAD pairs you with a professional jewelry designer for technical support and artistic development throughout your studies with us. He or she is your mentor, there to help make you better.
- NYIAD Student Forum - Access an online forum of students and graduates and share photos, advice, and anything else that’s on your mind.
- NYIAD Graduation Certificate in Jewelry Design - yours upon graduation!
Who Enrolls in the Jewelry Design Course?
- Jewelry designers who want professional training and to learn new skills
- Craft enthusiasts who want to learn how to make their own jewelry
- People who are interested in starting a career as a jewelry designer
- People who make their own jewelry and would like to learn how to sell it online
I love every minute of my NYIAD course. I learned so much and am very thankful for all the help that I received from the team at NYIAD.
– Eileen P., Washington, 2014 NYIAD Graduate