Jewelry Design Course
Jewelry Design Course Overview
This online jewelry making course will help you master the art of jewelry design, from the basics to more advanced beading and wire working techniques. You will learn different lay out patterns, string beads, jump rings, French wire transitions, Danish clusters and knotted necklaces. Professional jewelry designers will demonstrate these techniques and more on stunning HD video and they will provide you with the basic business skills necessary to sell your work online or in-person at trunk shows and craft fairs.
We give you everything you need to complete a series of design projects throughout the jewelry design course, including beads and a full tool kit. These projects will be evaluated by your mentor, an experienced jewelry designer who will give you feedback and help you master the skills taught in the course.
What you'll get
- 24/7 access to expertly prepared online course materials — lessons and HD video
- One-to-one feedback from a professional jewelry designer as your mentor— there to help you improve
- Access to a team of advisors — available by phone and email to answer all your questions
- Up to 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- Access to our student forum — an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your work
- 14 days to review the course risk-free — full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- NYIAD Certificate in Jewelry Design delivered upon graduation
What you'll learn
After completing the Jewelry Desing course, students will be able to:
- Master the art of jewelry Design from the basics to more advanced beading and wire techniques.
- Demonstrate skills in different lay out patterns, string beads, jump rings, French wire transitions, Daish clusters and knotted necklaces.
- Create unique pieces of jewelry.
- Describe the importance of color, balance, volume, emphasis, line and texture when creating jewelry pieces.
- Explain the key strategies of jewelry display that will enhance his or her work and photograph them.
- Create cohesive lines of jewelry that represent his or her signature style.
- Explain basic business skills and techniques to sell his or her work online or in person.
- Maintain creativity by learning about new techniques to set his or her jewelry apart, as well as how to find outlets for inspiration.