Event Planning School
Event Planning Class Overview
This online event planning class is designed to help you master the art of event planning, giving you the skills needed to succeed as a professional event planner. Learn how to ensure the success of any event, including meetings, parties, fundraisers, retreats, conferences and many other types of gatherings. You will master the fine art of networking, learn how to work with vendors and handle every need of your clients.
Throughout this event planning class, you will complete a series of projects allowing you to grow by putting your skills to the test. You will work with a professional event planner, your teacher and mentor who is there to review your work and help you improve.
Benefits of an Event Planning Certificate
If you want a career as an event planner, it’s important to understand that the field is a competitive one, with hundreds of new planners joining the industry each year. An event planning certificate from an accredited event planning school will help you stand out from the crowd. While you don’t need an event planning degree to get started, it is a fact that a proven understanding of how to plan events like a pro will help you find new clients and get hired.
What you'll learn
After completing the Event Planning course, students will be able to:
- Master the art of event planning and demonstrate the skills needed to succeed as a professional event planner.
- Explain how to work with vendors and clients.
- Ensure the success of any event, including meetings, parties, fundraisers, retreats, conferences and many other types of gathering.
- Demonstrate networking techniques.
- Describe how to execute various events at different stages of life.
- Overcome challenges of planning destination events, corporate events, and auctions.
- Discuss the guidelines of starting a business.
- Discuss how a website and social media presence can benefit his or her business.
What you get
- 24/7 access to expertly prepared online course materials — lessons and HD video
- One-to-one feedback from a professional event planner as your mentor— there to help you improve
- Access to a team of advisors — available by phone and email to answer all your questions
- Up to 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- Access to our student forum — an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your work
- 14 days to review the course risk-free — full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- NYIAD Certificate in Event Planning delivered upon graduation