Event Planner Job Outlook
Event Planning Course Job Outlook
From glossy corporate holiday parties to stunning destination receptions, behind every gathering youll find a qualified event planner. A professional event planner works to ensure the seamless execution of any event.
Event planners duties include:
- Meet with clients to understand the purpose of the meeting or event
- Plan the scope of the event, including its time, location, and cost
- Solicit bids from venues and service providers
- Inspect venues to ensure that they meet the clients requirements
- Coordinate event services such as rooms, transportation, and food service
- Monitor event activities to ensure that the client and the attendees are satisfied
- Review event bills and approve payments
When it comes to career stability, you can rest assured a surplus of event planner jobs are waiting for you at the end of your training. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, careers in meeting, convention and event planning are projected to grow a whopping 10 percent from 2016 to 2026. This is significantly faster than the growth average for all other occupations worldwide. Not only that, the salaries corresponding with these new event planner careers are getting more and more competitive with time.
Currently, the median event planner salary is $61,452, with an overall range of anywhere from $52,901 to $72,329. Since many event planners work on a freelance basis, it’s also worth considering the substantial hourly rates planners are charging in the current market. On average, if you were to break down the event planning fees typically charged today, a planner would make anywhere from $21 to $75 per hour- plus all the vendor commissions.
The New York Institute of Art and Designs online Event Planning Course will teach you all the skills necessary to become a successful event planner. Get started on the path toward a successful career in this exciting industry.