Event Planner Career Insights
Behind every professionally-planned gathering, you'll find a qualified event planner. A professional event planner works to ensure the seamless execution of any event.
Event planners duties include:
- Meet with clients to understand the purpose of the meeting or event
- Plan the scope of the event, including its time, location, and cost
- Solicit bids from venues and service providers
- Inspect venues to ensure that they meet the clients requirements
- Coordinate event services such as rooms, transportation, and food service
- Monitor event activities to ensure that the client and the attendees are satisfied
- Review event bills and approve payments
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, careers in event planning are projected to grow a whopping 10 percent from 2016 to 2026. This is significantly faster than the growth average for all other occupations worldwide.
Average Event Planner Salary
Currently, the median event planner salary is $61,452, with an overall range of anywhere from $52,901 to $72,329. Since many event planners work on a freelance basis, it’s also worth considering hourly rates planners are charging in the current market. On average, a planner makes anywhere from $21 to $75 per hour- plus all the vendor commissions.
Our online Event Planning Course will teach you all the skills necessary to become a successful event planner. Get started on the path toward a successful career in this exciting industry.