How to Become an Event Planner
Event Planning Course Job Outlook
From glossy corporate holiday parties to stunning destination receptions, behind every gathering you’ll find a qualified event planner. A professional event planner works to ensure the seamless execution of any event.
Event planners duties include:
- Meet with clients to understand the purpose of the meeting or event
- Plan the scope of the event, including its time, location, and cost
- Solicit bids from venues and service providers
- Inspect venues to ensure that they meet the client’s requirements
- Coordinate event services such as rooms, transportation, and food service
- Monitor event activities to ensure that the client and the attendees are satisfied
- Review event bills and approve payments
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of meeting, convention, and event planners is projected to grow 10 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. Shouldn’t one of those new careers be yours?
The New York Institute of Art and Design’s online Event Planning Course will teach you all the skills necessary to become a successful event planner. Get started on the path toward a successful career in this exciting industry.