Personal Style & Image Consultant Course
Personal Style Course Overview
This comprehensive new online stylist course will teach you everything you want to know about the worlds of fashion and style. Starting with the fundamentals of fashion history and color theory, you will learn current fashion trends and the nuances of different looks and styles. From clothing to hair and makeup, professional stylists will show you how to work with clients of all body types, ages, budgets and professions in a series of instructional videos shot in stunning HD quality. You will also learn the business skills necessary to become a personal stylist, personal shopper or image consultant.
Along the way, you will complete a series of style projects to help you master the skills taught in the program. A professional stylist assigned to be your teacher and mentor will review your work and help you improve as you work through the course and graduate.
What you'll learn
After completing the Personal Style course, students will be able to:
- Master the worlds of fashion, style, and makeup.
- Describe the fundamentals of fashion history and color theory.
- Explain current fashion trends and the nuances of different looks and styles including global styles and trends from around the world.
- Dress clients of all body types, ages, budgets and professions.
- Discuss the influencers of style in the world today.
- Perform a closet audit and then plan a personal shopping trip within a client's budget.
- Explain the concept of fit and dressing for your body type- including the roles of accessories and fabrics.
- Demonstrate the business skills necessary to become a personal stylist, personal shopper or image consultant.
All this for much less than the cost of a residential design program... view course pricing
What you get
- 24/7 access to expertly prepared online course materials — lessons and HD video
- One-to-one feedback from a professional stylist as your mentor— there to help you improve
- Access to a team of advisors — available by phone and email to answer all your questions
- Up to 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- Access to our student forum — an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your work
- 14 days to review the course risk-free — full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- NYIAD Certificate in Personal Style delivered upon graduation