Interior Design Course
Interior Design School Overview
This online interior design course is a comprehensive program that will teach you everything you need to know to become a professional interior designer. You will learn design trends and history, furniture styles and fabrics, color theory and lighting. Over 13 hours of HD video instruction featuring professional designers and a series of design projects will help you master the skills necessary to make the most out of any space. In addition we'll teach you how to work with clients, from pricing and contracts to purchasing and scheduling, so that by the time you finish the program you have the business skills to be successful.
Our interior design school is approved by Designer Society of America (DSA), and students can apply for their RIDQC interior design certification. This industry certification is great for students looking to turn their passion for interior design into a thriving career, and is not offered by other interior design schools.
What you'll learn
After completing the Interior Design course, students will be able to:
- Apply skills to design and decorate any interior space like a professional.
- Give examples of design trends, fabrics and furniture styles.
- Explain how to work with clients.
- Outline the processes of pricing and developing and maintaining contracts.
- Review purchasing and scheduling skills.
- Describe color theory and how to work with lighting.
- Discuss the different window and wall treatments available.
- Describe how to give a final presentation of your decoration scheme.
All this for much less than the cost of a residential design program... view course pricing
What you get
- 24/7 access to expertly prepared online course materials — lessons and HD video
- One-to-one feedback from a professional interior designer — there to help you improve
- Access to a team of advisors — available by phone and email to answer all your questions
- 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- Access to our student forum — an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your work
- 14 days to review the course risk-free — full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- Interior Design Certificate of Completion delivered upon graduation
A career in this field may require you to meet certain licensing, training, and other requirements that can vary by vocation and state. You should check with your state, local government and/or licensing board to find out which requirements may be applicable in your state. Click here for contact information on state licensing/regulatory boards and certain professional licensing information.