Online AutoCAD Training Course Overview
This online AutoCAD class is for experienced designers who want to learn a new skill, as well as for complete beginners. The course will teach you everything you need to know to master the AutoCAD software. Explore a student version of the program so you can practice as you go. Discover how to locate and apply the many features of the software. Learn to automate the drafting process and create more accurate drawings in less time.
This online AutoCAD certification course is approved by AutoDesk. That means graduates qualify to take their AutoCAD Certified User exam. This certification is the industry's premier designation. By the time you complete the program, you will have the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in this exciting field.
Important Note: The examples and instructions in this program are based on the Windows version of AutoCAD. Though the basic functions for Mac users are mostly the same, some students using Macs may find it difficult to track along with some lessons. In addition, the AutoDesk Certified User exam is only available in a Windows environment
What You'll Learn in Our Online AutoCAD Class
After completing the AutoCAD course online, students will be able to:
- Use the functions and commands of AutoCAD software to create, save, and print drawings that make use of multiple lines, geometric shapes, and curves.
- Locate and apply the many features of AutoCAD. Automate the drafting process. Create more accurate drawings in less time than traditional drafting methods.
- Locate and apply the features of AutoCAD that provide for the accurate addition of dimensions, tolerances, and drawing notes and labels using symbols and placements recognized by multiple standards organizations.
- Use the functions and commands of AutoCAD software to create isometric and three-dimensional drawings and models.
What You Get in Our Online AutoCAD Class
- 24/7 access to online course materials — prepared by experts in the field
- One-to-one feedback from a professional designer — there to help you improve
- Access to a team of advisors — by phone and email to answer all your questions
- 14 days to review the course risk-free — with a full refund available if you don't love your course
- Discuss courses — get answers to your questions, and share your work in the student forum
- NYIAD Certificate in Autocad delivered upon graduation
The New York Institute of Art and Design’s course in AutoCAD will teach you the skills you need to master this benchmark digital drafting application. AutoCAD is used by architects, interior designers and engineers to create presentations and develop design and construction documents. Four easy-to-follow online units are paired with an e-book, which is filled with illustrations that will guide you toward AutoCAD proficiency. You will learn how to construct basic shapes with the drawing software, use templates and essential commands, make curved shapes and blocks, isometric and 3D drawings – everything you’ll need for a solid foundation in this essential design tool. You will have a mentor, a professional AutoCAD designer, to help you navigate the course. There are assignments and quizzes, which will solidify your skills- and each of your assignments will be reviewed and graded by your mentor, who will provide feedback and help you progress. Master AutoCAD and take your career to the next level - enroll today.