Online Landscape Design Class Overview
Our online Landscape Design Course covers the fundamentals of design. From there it advances to professional hands-on techniques. Study important business concepts and practices necessary to operate a landscape design business. Learn what you'll actually use on the job, all in one of the most convenient online landscape design classes available today.
Students learn basic landscape design techniques. From there, they learn to apply techniques to the development of landscaped properties. The online landscape design class also provides instruction on the identification and application of the plants. Study structural materials used to execute landscape design projects. Additionally, the course provides instruction on basic business concepts. Review practices necessary to operate a landscape design business. Plus, master the theories and knowledge needed to maintain existing landscaped systems.
What you'll learn in the Online Landscape Design Class
After completing the Landscape Design course, students will be able to:
- Interpret the visual elements used during the landscape design process. This includes drawings and graphics tools. Apply this knowledge to the development of personal design concepts.
- Explain how to visualize the landscape site and design space as outdoor rooms. Apply standard design principles. Use these to enhance the appearance of residential and commercial outdoor space.
- Apply mathematical and computer-based solutions to both the design and business-related functions of the landscaping design process.
- Identify various, plants, flowers, surface materials, and enclosures used to create and enhance exterior design spaces and describe the many applications and configurations used for these materials.
- Identify and define essential business concepts utilized by landscaping professionals to operate successful businesses, such as the generation and interpretation of contracts and specifications, human resource management, safety and OSHA compliance, and customer service.
- Describe the various aspects of the irrigation, winterizing, and general maintenance required for established landscapes.
What You Get in the Online Landscape Design Course
- 24/7 access to expertly prepared online course materials — lessons and HD video
- One-to-one feedback from a professional landscape designer as your mentor — there to help you improve
- Access to a team of advisors — available by phone and email to answer all your questions
- Up to 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- Access to our student forum — an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your work
- 14 days to review the course risk-free — full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- NYIAD Certificate in Landscape Design delivered upon graduation
The New York Institute of Art and Design’s online course on landscape design will give you the skills and knowledge you’ll need to succeed in this amazing field. In six information and image-packed units, you’ll learn how to assess and plan every aspect of design projects. You’ll learn to plan a job, understand the scope and identify the materials you’ll need. Learn how to present your designs, and how to maintain a project once it’s completed. And finally, we’ll show you how to run your landscape design business from start to profit. You’ll work with one of our design professionals as your mentor who will critique your work and lead you to the next level. Our system ensures a well-rounded course combined with personal attention- that’s our formula for success. And because it’s online you can take it anywhere, anytime and at your own pace. Let NYIAD be your partner in success - enroll today.