Landscape Design Course Overview
Our Landscape Design Course covers the fundamentals of design and quickly advances to professional hands-on techniques. You also learn important business concepts and practices necessary to operate a landscape design business. Learn what you'll actually use on the job, all in one of the most convenient online landscape design classes available today.
Students learn basic design techniques and their application to the development of landscaped properties. The program also provides instruction on the identification and application of the plants and structural materials used to execute landscape design projects. In addition, the program provides instruction on the basic business concepts and practices necessary to operate a landscape design business as well as theory and knowledge needed to maintain existing landscaped systems.
What you'll learn
After completing the Landscape Desing course, students will be able to:
- Describe how to interpret the visual elements used during the overall landscape design process, including drawings and graphics tools, and apply this knowledge to the development of personal design concepts.
- Explain how to visualize the landscape site and design space as outdoor rooms and apply standard design principles to enhance the appearance of residential and commercial outdoor space.
- Apply mathematical and computer-based solutions to both the design and business-related functions of the landscaping design process.
- Identify various, plants, flowers, surface materials, and enclosures used to create and enhance exterior design spaces and describe the many applications and configurations used for these materials.
- Identify and define essential business concepts utilized by landscaping professionals to operate successful businesses, such as the generation and interpretation of contracts and specifications, human resource management, safety and OSHA compliance, and customer service.
- Describe the various aspects of the irrigation, winterizing, and general maintenance required for established landscapes.
What you get
- 24/7 access to expertly prepared online course materials — lessons and HD video
- One-to-one feedback from a professional landscape designer as your mentor — there to help you improve
- Access to a team of advisors — available by phone and email to answer all your questions
- Up to 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- Access to our student forum — an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your work
- 14 days to review the course risk-free — full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- NYIAD Certificate in Landscape Design delivered upon graduation
The New York Institute of Art and Design’s online course on landscape design will give you the skills and knowledge you’ll need to succeed in this amazing field. In six information and image-packed units, you’ll learn how to assess and plan every aspect of design projects. You’ll learn to plan a job, understand the scope and identify the materials you’ll need. Learn how to present your designs, and how to maintain a project once it’s completed. And finally, we’ll show you how to run your landscape design business from start to profit. You’ll work with one of our design professionals as your mentor who will critique your work and lead you to the next level. Our system ensures a well-rounded course combined with personal attention- that’s our formula for success. And because it’s online you can take it anywhere, anytime and at your own pace. Let NYIAD be your partner in success - enroll today.