Floral Design Class
Floral Design School Overview
NYIAD's online floral design course will introduce you to the world of floral arrangements and build up your skills en route to a career as a professional floral designer. Starting with the basics, you will learn the history of floral design and how it impacts modern design practices. You will gain a solid understanding of the principles of floral design, allowing you to explore and develop your own design style.
Expert floral designers will provide inspiration and instruction via HD video lessons, in one of the most effective floral design classes available anywhere. They will teach you the business skills you need to find and work with clients, designing floral arrangements for weddings, funerals, and the many different types of events that call for flowers. And this is one of the only online floral design schools where you will complete a series of design projects that will put your skills to the test and help you master the art of floral design.
What you'll learn
After completing the Floral Desing course, students will be able to:
- Master the world of floral arrangements and build up his or her skills en route to a career as a professional floral designer.
- State the history of floral design and how it impacts modern design practices.
- Describe the principles of floral design.
- Explore and develop their own style as a professional floral designer.
- Explain the different tools, supplies, and workspace requirements needed to be an organized floral designer.
- Design beautiful arrangements for weddings, funerals, romantic occasions and more.
- Demonstrate the business skills needed to succeed as a professional floral designer.
- Utilize mood boards and online media to share work and gain inspiration.
All this for much less than the cost of a residential design program... view course pricing
What you get
- 24/7 access to expertly prepared online course materials — lessons and HD video
- One-to-one feedback from a professional floral designer as your mentor— there to help you improve
- Access to a team of advisors — available by phone and email to answer all your questions
- Up to 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- Access to our student forum — an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your work
- 14 days to review the course risk-free — full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- NYIAD Certificate in Floral Design delivered upon graduation