Learn Graphic Design Online
Our online graphic design course is a comprehensive program that will teach you everything you need to know to start working as a graphic designer for both print and web design. After taking this course, you will be proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator and ready to pass the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) Certification Exam for both industry-standard design applications.
Hours of video instruction, including over 100 on-screen tutorials, will teach you how to create high-quality designs from concept to execution. You will explore design theory, color, typography, and layout as you learn the design techniques, methods, and processes used by today’s professional graphic designers.
Throughout the course, you will develop a well-rounded design portfolio by completing a series of design projects that are reviewed by your mentor, a professional graphic designer, who will provide one-to-one feedback to help you grow as a designer. With their assistance, you will learn what it takes to succeed as a graphic designer (whether as a freelance design professional or an entry-level production designer).
NYIAD created a must-do graphic design course for anyone who wants a career as a designer. I wish this course was available to me when I was starting out.
What you'll learn
After completing the Graphic Design course, students will be able to:
- Perform production level design tasks.
- Navigate Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Develop and edit vector and raster assets.
- Develop assets for industry standard print and web applications.
- Recognize the tenets of a great design portfolio.
- Master design processes required for production-level tasks.
- Develop their own basic portfolio.
- Complete the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) certification exam for both Illustrator and Photoshop.
What you get
- 24/7 access to expertly prepared online course materials — lessons and HD video
- One-to-one feedback from a professional graphic designer as your mentor — there to help you improve
- Access to a team of advisors — available by phone and email to answer all your questions
- Up to 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- Access to our student forum — an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your work
- 14 days to review the course risk-free — full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- Graphic Design Certificate of Completion delivered upon graduation
Welcome to the New York Institute of Art and Design’s new course in graphic design. This 100% online course, designed by experts in the field, will make you job ready. We have used the latest technology to make your learning experience as swift and as easy as possible. You will complete this course certification ready in both Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. We use video, screen grabs, and current design examples to demonstrate the skills you’ll need to create a unique portfolio to show employers. Your designs will be reviewed by professional graphic designers who will coach you toward success. Ready to become a graphic designer? NYIAD is here to make your dream a reality. - enroll today.