Wedding Planner Duties
Behind every successful wedding is an effective wedding planner. Weddings come in all shapes and sizes, which means the job outlook for a wedding planner is bright, and multiple career paths abound. A professional wedding planner works to ensure that the countless moving pieces come together on the big day seamlessly.
Wedding planners duties include:
- Meeting with couples to understand their vision and budget
- Selecting a venue and vendors music, flowers, caterers, etc.
- Soliciting bids from all service providers
- Inspecting venues to ensure that they meet the couple's expectations
- Coordinating guest services hotels, transportation, etc.
- Monitoring the wedding on the day of to ensure everything runs according to plan
Wedding Planner Career Path
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of professional wedding planners is projected to grow 10 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. Do you want one of those careers be yours?
The New York Institute of Art and Design online Wedding Planning Course will teach you all the skills necessary to become a successful wedding planner. Get started on the path toward a successful career in this fun and rewarding field.