The New York Institute of Art and Design offers an accredited, online interior design course and because we do, we like to provide free tips for interior designers. Enjoy!
Summer is here! Well, okay, not officially. But we all know it’s here. So let’s make our homes show it.
There is a lot you can do to redesign your home for summer. Give it a fresh, cool feel with these 9 tips:
- Add a bit of color – corals, limes, and refreshing blues can add some life to your home and brighten everything up for the season.
- Open up more space – clear out any clutter that’s built up and give your rooms a more open, airy feel.
- Don’t neglect the outdoors – a little landscaping and cleaning of any outdoor spaces can make them more inviting.
- Make use of natural light – change your shades, rearrange furniture, and add mirrors to improve the quality of light coming in from the outside world.
- Add comfort – make use pillows and cushions to invite basking in the sunlight.
- Flowers – nothing says nice weather like bright flowers in every room.
- Bring the outdoors in – try a piece of outdoor furniture as an accent piece in your home.
- Food decor – lay out some fresh fruits and vegetables in the kitchen to add a bit of freshness
- Create the country – wicker baskets, mason jars, and other items that have a DIY feel can create a summer home feel