The New York Institute of Art and Design offers online floral design classes and because we do, we like to provide free tips for image consultants. Enjoy!
Whether you’re interested in floral design as a hobby or career, Valentine’s Day is indisputably one of the most crucial holidays within the industry. Whether you’ll be partaking in the business frenzy as a professional this year or if you’re still an aspiring designer, here are some interesting industry facts worth knowing about the holiday:
- In recent years, it is estimated that 198 million roses were produced just for Valentine’s Day (according to the Society of American Florists).
- Of this number, an estimated 75% of flower-purchasing customers were men.
- While on other holidays such as Mother’s Day pastel roses are becoming increasingly popular, red remains the most common colored bloom bought for this day of romance.
- Of all the roses produced and sold each year in the US, the state of California grows an average of 60%. However, on Valentine’s Day, most of the roses sold in the US are imported from South America.
- In America, 15% of women send a bouquet of flowers to themselves on Valentine’s Day.
Want to learn more? The New York Institute of Art and Design offers an online floral design course that can teach you how to become a floral designer. Request your free course catalog today!