The New York Institute of Art and Design offers online wedding planning courses and because we do, we like to provide free tips for wedding planners. Enjoy!
This year, wedding menu trends have been all about the untraditional. From cheeseburger cakes to taco trucks, here’s a roundup of 5 awesome food options to consider when planning your next big event:
- Farm to Table- More frequently, socially conscious couples are opting to apply their political beliefs to their personal lives. And not just small day-to-day changes, but large-scale social responsibility when planning big events. For the environmentally conscious, local organic products are becoming super popular picks. If you don’t know how to plan a farm-to-table event, check out our guide for some help.
- Throwbacks- For this fun food theme, couples opt to feature menu items that offer some type of nostalgia- whether it be waffles from the brunch place they went on their first date, or comfort food favorites they loved growing up.
- DIY- This is an awesome option because it not only checks some menu planning off your list, it can also be considered an additional activity to keep guests occupied. Rather than having a bartender make drinks for example, if you set out bottles of champagne along with sorbets, berries and candy garnishes, you can let guests make their own fancy cocktails instead.
- Late Night Snacking- For couples with friends who party hard, this is a practical and fun food plan- consider surprising partygoers around midnight by bringing out some late night munchies they can snack on before heading home (think french fries or pizza)!
- No Cake- Yes, you read that right. Especially for couples who aren’t big cake fans, this is a super-fun option to play around with. We’ve seen plenty of funky inspirations- from donut towers to tiered tacos. Feel free to chat with the couple about their favorites and get creative with something less traditional!
Want to learn more? The New York Institute of Art and Design offers an online personal style course that can teach you event planning classes that can teach you how to plan and execute the perfect wedding. Request your free course catalog today!