The New York Institute of Art and Design offers an online event planning course and because we do, we like to provide free tips for event planners. Enjoy!
Throwing together a last minute New Year’s Eve fling for your friends can be somewhat stressful. But as aspiring event planners, every party you successfully coordinate can be added to a growing portfolio for potential clients to browse. If you’re stuck on ways to make this 2016 something special, here are 5 fun ideas to get started with:
1. Spice up your ice. If you’re displaying bottles of champagne or liquor by a buffet, fill and freeze colorful water balloons for a festive DIY alternative to boring buckets of ice.
2. Pick up some disposable cameras and props from your local party store. Disposable Kodaks are a cool throwback option for guests to get nostalgic with while having some fun. You can leave a few on end tables or by the bar to offer party goers something unique to do while they wait for the ball to drop.
3. Fill clear balloons with confetti. Then pop them at midnight- enough said.
4. Keep the kids in mind. If you’ll also be entertaining underage guests, try to provide them with a fun, booze-free drink option for the midnight toast. Sparkling cider works, but you could also get creative- think cookies and milk or a cotton-candy garnished glass of colorful Gatorade.
5. Mix up the toast. Add plain gelatin and sparkling sugar to champagne for a festive, jello-shot drink option. Cheers!