3D Modeling Course Online
Online 3D Modeling with SketchUp Course Overview
This online 3D Modeling with SketchUp class is for anyone looking to build their skills as a 3D modeler for work in architecture or interior design. Whether you’re an experienced designer who wants to learn a new skill, or a beginner looking to explore something new, the course will introduce you to all the elements of the SketchUp software as you work to add 3D modeling to your portfolio.
You will complete digital modeling projects and submit them to your mentor, a professional designer who will provide one-to-one feedback on your work. As you work your way through this interactive, user-friendly course, you will discover all the ways you can take flat images and floor plans and bring them to life.
What You'll Learn in Our Online 3D Modeling Course
The online 3D Modeling with SketchUp course shows students how to:
- Navigate the SketchUp software, including the many extensions and plugins in SketchUp
- Draw in SketchUp using the line tools, shapes, and arcs, as well as how to use the different types of templates
- Create and modify materials using dynamic components
- Recognize the difference between rendering photorealistic, virtual, and augmented reality
*Instructions for using your discount for SketchUp will be outlined at the beginning of your course.
What You Get in Our Online 3D Modeling Program
- 24/7 access to online course materials — prepared by experts in the field
- A discount to purchase SketchUp software for $55.00 a year throughout your enrollment in NYIAD*
- One-to-one feedback from a professional designer — there to help you improve
- Access to a team of advisors — by phone and email to answer all your questions
- 14 days to review the course risk-free — with a full refund available if you don't love your course**
- Discuss courses — get answers to your questions, and share your work in the student forum
- NYIAD 3D Modeling with SketchUp delivered upon graduation