Complete Course in Interior Design
Interior Design Course Overview
The gold standard of interior design education.
- Approved by Certified Interior Decorators (CID) International as professional interior decorator education. Graduates can apply for CID membership and certification.
- Learn design trends, color theory, concepts of scale and proportion, furniture styles, architectural history, lighting, and fabrics. Learn the newest thinking in Green and Universal design, two of the hottest growth areas in the interior design marketplace.
- Watch over 13 hours of video instruction from the design capital of the world. We’ll take you inside the top NYC showrooms. You’ll watch the pros at work.
- See time-honored strategies in client-designer relationships in play. Learn from the experiences of your mentor and professionals in the field.
- Show off your creativity by submitting room designs to your mentor who will review your plans and offer detailed feedback on every aspect of your presentation.
- Acquire the necessary business skills to succeed in the field. From business plans to specs, pricing, and schedules, you’ll have everything you need to take the next step.
Interior Design Course Details
- Total Interior Design Course Length - 270 hours, 6 Units
- Course Schedule - Study anywhere, anytime, at your own pace. There are no deadlines or due dates. Start today and we’ll give you up to 18 months to complete your course. If after 18 months you need additional time you can contact the school and we can extend your enrollment an additional 6 months at no additional cost.
- NYIAD Mentor Program - NYIAD pairs you with a professional interior designer for technical support and artistic development throughout your studies with us. He or she is your mentor, there to help make you better.
- NYIAD Student Forum - Access an online forum of students and graduates and share photos, advice, and anything else that’s on your mind.
- NYIAD Graduation Certificate in Interior Design - yours upon graduation!
Who Enrolls in the Interior Decorating Course?
- People who want to become a professional interior designer
- People who want to earn money as a freelance decorator
- Experienced designers who want to learn new skills and stay up to date
- Anyone with a love of design who wants to decorate their own home like a pro
I love every minute of my NYIAD course. I learned so much and am very thankful for all the help that I received from the team at NYIAD.
– Eileen P., Washington, 2014 NYIAD Graduate