AutoCAD Training Overview
Whether you're an experienced designer looking to add AutoCAD to your skill set or you're new to the field and want an introduction to computer-aided design technology, this online AutoCAD course is for you. You will learn everything you need to know about the AutoCAD software platform, with access to a student version of the program so you can practice as you go. We'll show you how to locate and apply the many features of AutoCAD that automate the drafting process and facilitate the creation of more accurate drawings in less time.
This online AutoCAD certification course is approved by AutoDesk, which means that graduates qualify to take their AutoCAD Certified User Certification exam, the industry's premier designation. By the time you complete the program you will have the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in this exciting field.
What you'll learn
After completing the AutoCAD course online, students will be able to:
- Use the functions and commands of AutoCAD software to create, save, and print drawings that make use of multiple lines, geometric shapes, and curves.
- Locate and apply the many features of AutoCAD that automate the drafting process and facilitate the creation of more accurate drawings in less time than traditional drafting methods.
- Locate and apply the features of AutoCAD that provide for the accurate addition of dimensions, tolerances, and drawing notes and labels using symbols and placements recognized by multiple standards organizations.
- Use the functions and commands of AutoCAD software to create isometric and three-dimensional drawings and models.
What you get
- 24/7 access to expertly prepared online course materials — lessons and HD video
- One-to-one feedback from a professional designer as your mentor — there to help you improve
- Access to a team of advisors — available by phone and email to answer all your questions
- Up to 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- Access to our student forum — an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your work
- 14 days to review the course risk-free — full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- NYIAD Certificate in Autocad delivered upon graduation
The New York Institute of Art and Design’s course in AutoCAD will teach you the skills you need to master this benchmark digital drafting application. AutoCAD is used by architects, interior designers and engineers to create presentations and develop design and construction documents. Four easy-to-follow online units are paired with an e-book, which is filled with illustrations that will guide you toward AutoCAD proficiency. You will learn how to construct basic shapes with the drawing software, use templates and essential commands, make curved shapes and blocks, isometric and 3D drawings – everything you’ll need for a solid foundation in this essential design tool. You will have a mentor, a professional AutoCAD designer, to help you navigate the course. There are assignments and quizzes, which will solidify your skills- and each of your assignments will be reviewed and graded by your mentor, who will provide feedback and help you progress. Master AutoCAD and take your career to the next level - enroll today.