Complete Course in Wedding and Event Planning
Our most popular class turns your passion for planning into a career.
- Learn to plan that perfect day! Certified by the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC).
- From pre-planning to execution, learn how to see your plan through to the main event.
- Study the fine art of client relations. Become familiar with and increase your competency with cultural diversity, especially as it relates to celebrations and events. From religious practices to seating etiquette, your diplomacy skills will be at the ready no matter what the event.
- Build a solid foundation in the business side. Create a business and marketing plan by identifying your client base and how to reach them. This will make it easier to jumpstart your business when you’re ready. From basic knowledge about budgets and contracts, this course will give you real-time experience.
- Plan any of life’s big events – not just weddings – but parties, reunions, bar/bat mitzvahs, Quinceañeras, retirement parties, and corporate retreats.
- Complete a Virtual Internship, designed to put your skills to the test and prepare you for success.
- Total Course Length - 270 hours, 6 Units
- Course Schedule - Study anywhere, anytime, at your own pace. There are no deadlines or due dates. Start today and we’ll give you up to three years to complete it at no additional cost.
- NYIAD Mentor Program - NYIAD pairs you with a professional wedding planner for technical support and artistic development throughout your studies with us. He or she is your mentor, there to help make you better.
- NYIAD Student Forum - Access an online forum of students and graduates and share photos, advice, and anything else that’s on your mind.
- NYIAD Graduation Certificate in Wedding Planning - yours upon graduation!
Who Enrolls in this Course?
- People who want to plan their own wedding like a pro
- People who want to start their own wedding or event planning business
- People who are interested in getting a job as a wedding or corporate event planner
- Anyone who loves weddings and is interested in planning weddings part-time to earn money
I love every minute of my NYIAD course. I learned so much and am very thankful for all the help that I received from the team at NYIAD.
– Eileen P., Washington, 2014 NYIAD Graduate